Tuesday, January 1, 2008
2008 Has Arrived and so have the Changes
Well, the new year is here - we watched the ball drop in Times Square, then headed off to bed (Alex) and to read (me). There are lots of new things going to happen this year. Brian and I are going to separate. He isn't happy and thinks that this is the way to make himself happy. He is moving out of our current apartment to one 2 buildings away on the 18th. We just told Alex yesterday and he seems to be handling it ok, for now. Please keep praying for all of us as we go through this weird transition. On the good news side, I am going to be taking on my class as the lead teacher. Many of you know that I have been "co-teaching" this year with a great person/friend/teacher, Tabatha and you may also know that she is pregnant and will be having a little girl soon. I think her due date is the 16th, but her last day is going to the the 11th. Anywho, I was going to be the lead teacher while she is on leave already, but now due to one of the other teachers at our school leaving last month, I will be remaining lead in the classroom that we shared and Tabatha will be moving to that class when she comes back from maternity leave in March. This is going to be awesome! I still get to keep my great friend close to me (she is a wealth of info on all things Montessori and otherwise!) and I get to have my own class. That means a pay increase (which I will need for my new life!!) and a few other lead teacher benefits like being on salary and paid holidays!! It was such a fluke that I got this job in August, and I just know that God put me on this path. It's really exciting! Other good stuff is our wonderful church. I'm going to be helping to start up the women's ministry (aka United Methodist Women) and I'm really looking forward to that! I am so excited about all of the opportunities that I have been given and I know that 2008 is going to be wonderful! I haven't made any resolutions yet, but when I do I am going to post them and I want you guys to help me be accountable! That means you have to ask about my progress in our correspondence (snail mail and email) and our phone conversations too! If you want my help with yours, just let me know. I hope that you all have a fabulous start to your new year and I think I'm gonna go shopping now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GREAT IN 08!
Remember that. :)
Post a Comment