I could hardly believe it! I was innocently driving home from work one afternoon and as I waited for the traffic light to change I noticed something flying through the air....what is that I wondered? Holy Cow!! It's Snow!! I thought I must have been hallucinating! But no, it was actually snowing. I was excited at first, then I was worried about the other people who have no idea how to drive in the snow. Luckily, it never really got bad, but it sure felt crazy to know that I am in Georgia, but it looked like driving down Mound Rd. when it first begins to snow! Here are a couple of pictures. These are from the first time it snowed, Wednesday, January 16th - I took some of these pictures while I was driving home, literally!
I took the picture to the left on Saturday, January, 19th as we were leaving for the skatepark. It really looked like we were going to get a lot of snow, in reality we ended up with about half an inch, maybe an inch. It was so funny to see how everyone here reacted to it! There were people at the skatepark when we got there (around 11:00 am or so) that were hurrying their kids up to get out of there since it was snowing. I went shopping for a lamp with Alex and thought I would check out Tuesday Morning, but at 5:30 pm they were already closed because of the weather. Our church, which meets in the high school, cancelled services for Sunday because of the weather. It was so funny! There was the thought that the roads would get bad on Saturday night because there was so much water and it was definitely cold and the wind was whipping - maybe it would get icy? Either way, it was fine - especially by Michigan standards! I knew you would all want to see the Georgia snow, so here it is! Hope you are all staying warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment