Monday, February 18, 2008

And The Winner Is....


So we went to the Blue and Gold Banquet for Alex's cub scout pack, the week after the Pinewood Derby. It was a catered meal (although it wasn't anything to write home about, if you know what I mean) and there was a really great juggler for the entertainment. Each den was asked to bring some cakes for the celebration - the Blue and Gold Banquet is a birthday party for cub scouting - so I told Brian to let them know that I would make a cake. The only instruction we got was that the scout was supposed to help and that the theme was camping. This is the cake that we made.

I got the idea from the Family Fun web site. It was sooo cute. The logs are actually Sara Lee pound cakes. The embers are chocolate donut holes coated with powdered sugar and the flames are cut out of fruit roll ups. It was easy to do and a fun project for us all to do together. Anyway, there were lots of cakes and even one that was the same design as ours, but we won first place. Alex got a Cub Scout mug for his dresser. He thought it was pretty cool. Plus he won a cool pen for answering a question one of the pack leaders asked. It was a fun night!

No comments: